These muffins were a random experiment I wanted to try when I saw my ripe bananas wasting away on my counter top. I put together what I could find the pantry and these bad boys came out. They are SO moist and dense. Each one is only 154 calories 🙂
- 3 mashed VERY ripe Bananas
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp. of Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 flax eggs = 2 tbsp flax seed + 6 tbps. water, whisked right before mixing in
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the bananas, flour, chia seed, cocoa powder, baking powder and coconut oil. Stir thoroughly until the texture is a bit dense. Add the flax eggs and mix very well. Pour a large spoonful of the batter into a muffin pan. Sprinkle the coconut on top, to taste. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
I devoured two in the ten minutes after baking. I should have let them cool down a bit, but they were just too good! Enjoy!