Makes about 14 pieces
For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For the creme filling
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (buy it made, or make your own by blending 1 cup of raw cashews with 1 tbsp of coconut oil until creamy-ish)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced in half)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed (about 1 tbsp)
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients for the creme filling in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Put this into the freezer for about 10 minutes
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the chocolate coating until well combined
- Using an ice cube tray, spoon a tablespoon of chocolate topping into each cube. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow it to harden a bit
- Add a tablespoon of the creme filling on top of the bottom chocolate layer. If it has been chilled long enough, it should sit on top of the chocolate in a ball shape and not spread. That is good!
- Add another tablespoon of chocolate topping on top of the creme filling. This part of the chocolate should be liquidy so that it forms around the edges and takes up any remaining space inside each cube. I recommend heating the bowl a bit to make sure the chocolate is in a liquid state before covering the strawberry creme.
- Put in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove and let it sit for a minute before removing the chocolates from ice cube tray.
- Eat them cold!
- Store these in freezer!