This gentle cleanser will leave your body fragrant, soft and squeaky clean.
The citrus essential oil blend used in this recipe is great for waking you up in the mornings and helping you start your day in a bright and joyful place.
What you need:
- 500ml bottle (16 oz)
- 1 3/4 cup liquid castile soap (or any unscented non-toxic soap)
- 3 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops of wild orange essential oil
- 10 drops of tangerine essential oil
Pour all ingredients into the bottle and shake well. Try not to fill it all the way to the top to allow room for the mixture as you shake.
Store up to 2 months in a cool place away from direct sun.
If you are looking to purchase essential oils, check out my steps here to getting discount wholesale prices!
One thing I will never understand is why I see shops selling ONE (1, uno, singular) chocolate covered strawberry for $4. I made about 20 of them for that price. You can, too.
With cacao’s healing powers of boosting brain levels of serotonin, magnesium dosages, and anti-inflammatory agents paired with coconut oil’s essential fatty acids, not to mention peppermint essential oil’s ability to promote energy and relieve stomach pains, you can become your own doctor and create magic in the kitchen .
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2/3 cup of brown rice malt syrup
- fresh, washed strawberries
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (optional) *
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut shreds for decoration (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat up the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is in its precious liquid form, mix in the vanilla, cacao, and brown rice syrup.
- Taste the mixture. Too sweet? Add more cacao. Too bitter, add more brown rice syrup. Do this and that until your desired taste.
- Add your single drop of peppermint essential oil for a minty flavor.
- Let the mixture cool a bit before you start covering the strawberries. Do one layer on all of then first, then add more until you’re happy with the thickness.
- Drizzle coconut flakes on your final layer and store in the fridge until you’re ready to WOW your guests. So easy!
*Note: not all essential oils can be consumed internally. Make sure you use a brand with high quality oils that are safe for you to digest. I use doTerra. You can also leave out the peppermint oil if you aren’t sure!
We are made up of three different entities. The mind, the body, and the soul. To think that we are just one thing is to strip yourself of the true essence of what life is all about. I don’t think I can tell you what life is all about it, but I know it is something that we discover within ourselves. And this powerful discovery occurs when our mind, body, and soul meet each other in a peaceful alignment. When we are ready, the universe opens a door that each of the three did not know existed and introduces them all to each other in a vibrant room of love.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t happen for everyone. For some, it comes naturally. They are born enlightened. How incredible it must be to feel absolutely aligned your entire life. For me, it came after struggles and confusion I felt deep inside between my 3 entities. My mind did not love my body, my soul could not be heard, and my body did not feel safe. To say I woke up one day and felt the pure balance would be unfair. But during these struggling times, I knew it wasn’t right to feel to feel the way I did. I felt so strongly that there was a better way of life, a more powerful feeling of self-love that I had yet to experience.
When I stopped cluttering my life with parties, drinking, shopping, and obbsessing over my image, I could feel the “stones” forming. It didn’t happen overnight but I felt a shift in my consciousness everyday. I became more aware of how every moment in the day impacted me and how I could control my life. There were things that occurred that were out of my control, but I learned to control how I let them shape me. I discovered the true meaning of “having a choice”. I chose when I wanted to be hurt and when I wanted to grow. I started to embrace my failures and my flaws, and made the conscious decision to create opportunities for myself through these new experiences.
Fast forward 4 years and you’ll meet me where I am today. Not in perfect condition, but surrounded by so much self-love and gratitude for the life I’ve created and chosen. I can’t wait to continue sharing how I got here.