One thing I will never understand is why I see shops selling ONE (1, uno, singular) chocolate covered strawberry for $4. I made about 20 of them for that price. You can, too.
With cacao’s healing powers of boosting brain levels of serotonin, magnesium dosages, and anti-inflammatory agents paired with coconut oil’s essential fatty acids, not to mention peppermint essential oil’s ability to promote energy and relieve stomach pains, you can become your own doctor and create magic in the kitchen .
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2/3 cup of brown rice malt syrup
- fresh, washed strawberries
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (optional) *
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut shreds for decoration (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat up the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is in its precious liquid form, mix in the vanilla, cacao, and brown rice syrup.
- Taste the mixture. Too sweet? Add more cacao. Too bitter, add more brown rice syrup. Do this and that until your desired taste.
- Add your single drop of peppermint essential oil for a minty flavor.
- Let the mixture cool a bit before you start covering the strawberries. Do one layer on all of then first, then add more until you’re happy with the thickness.
- Drizzle coconut flakes on your final layer and store in the fridge until you’re ready to WOW your guests. So easy!
*Note: not all essential oils can be consumed internally. Make sure you use a brand with high quality oils that are safe for you to digest. I use doTerra. You can also leave out the peppermint oil if you aren’t sure!