Lemon essential oil is a great starting oil if you are new to essential oils and want to buy one oil that has multiple uses in your life. It can be used to help clear toxins in a variety of ways, which is why it is referred to as the “cleansing” oil. Keep this guide available to make sure you make the most of this powerful oil.
Lemon essential oil is created by cold-pressing the outer part of the fresh lemon peel. This preserves its delicate nature and potent properties.
- Supports healthy functioning of the digestive, immune and respiratory systems
- Cleanses the air and uplifts mood
- Non-toxic cleaner
- Anti-anemic & antiseptic
- Add a drop to room temperate or hot water and drink first thing in the morning after you wake up. This will naturally cleanse your body and aid in digestion
- Add a drop to warm water to support acidic conditions, like arthritis and rheumatism, and liver congestion
- Bring with you to parties to create a healthy tonic of mineral water (club soda), lemon essential oil & your alcohol of choice.
- Skin – Lemon oil can help exfoliate your skin. When incorporated into your skincare routine, Lemon oil can help give your complexion a refreshed, healthy looking glow. I use this in my face wash recipe.
- Air purify – Pour 5 drops in your diffuser and diffuse for a few hours to purify the air and create an uplifting environment
- All-purpose cleaner – Add 3 drops of lemon oil and tea tree oil to a spray bottle with warm water and spray counter-tops to disinfect, naturally
- Removing Grease – Mix lemon essential oil into your skin and scrub with water to remove any grease residue.
- Flavor – use as a flavoring agent in baking, soaps, detergents, cosmetics, toilet waters and perfumes.
- Wash Produce – To clean fruit and vegetables, add 2 drops of lemon oil to a large bowl of water, then wash.
- Mirror and Window Cleaner – Mix 16 drops of lemon oil, 3 cups of white vinegar, and 1 cup water in a spray bottle. Shake well and user to clean mirrors and windows with a clean cloth.
Want more? Start by getting your hands on these oils here!