I have been so busy since moving to Sydney that I haven’t given myself the free time to get back into sharing my recipes. I decided to kick start my blogging in Australia with a recipe I have been meaning to test: vegan quiche!
Quiches are one of those unique dishes that you can serve for just about any meal. They work in the breakfast & brunch menu, dinner entrées or even as appetizers for a party!
Mini Spinach, Tomato, & Chive “Quiches”
Makes 14 -16 quiches
- 2 1/2 cups of chickpea flour
- 3 cups of water
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped chives (green onions)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped into quarter slices
- 1 cup of raw spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a standard muffin pan
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, chives, and spinach and mix well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. If you stick a fork into one quiche, it should return dry. If it is still wet, then continue to cook until fully cooked.
- Serve with hot sauce or your favorite salsa!